The first Executive Committee meeting of Sri Lanka Cricket was held this evening presided by President of SLC Mr. Jayantha Dharmadasa. The major decisions taken were as follows:
- >> Independent Panel to nominate Umpires to the ICC Panel of Umpires for year 2013/2014. this Panel will include: Mr. K . Mathivanan, Mr. Nuski Mohamed, Mr. Srinath Silva,Mr. A.R.M. Arroz Chairman Umpires Committee, Mr. Ashley De Silva Actg CEO, Mr. Carlton Bernadus Actg. Head of Cricket Operations.
- >> Premier Umpires Policy to be changed keeping in line with the ICC guidelines & Anti – Corruption Policy.
- >> To conduct a brainstorming session representing all stakeholders, Past National Captains, Coaches, and administrators of Clubs, District, Provincial, Premier & National to develop a strategic plan for a competitive domestic cricket structure for a period of 5 years.
- >> To review the present SLC strategic plan and formulate a 7 year strategic plan along with the budgets.
- >> Based on a recommendation of the Cricket Committee Mr. Promodya Wickramasinghe & Mr. Hashan Thilakaratne who are full time selectors were entrusted to scout for new talent.
- >> Under 17 Development Squad to play a 3 match One Day series against the visiting Sports Marketing & Key Accounts Procam International Ltd, India.
- >> Construct of 04 Center Turf wickets each in the Jaffna – Northern Province & Trincomalee – Eastern Province in order to provide opportunities to develop the up and coming talented cricketers.
- >> National Team Contracts for Women Cricketers in order to professionalize women’s cricket in Sri Lanka were offered to women cricketers in 4 categories.
- >> Approved to appoint a Legal Officer from the 1st of June onwards.