Inaugural Meeting of the newly appointed Executive Committee of SLC took place today.
The key issues discussed at today’s meeting were:
The appointment of the Management Committee consisting of all Office Bearers.
6 Strategic areas under the business plan of SLC were highlighted at today’s meeting and the following Office Bearers were appointed to overlook the respective areas.
Development – Hon. Thilanga Sumathipala
International Cricket – Mr. Jayantha Dharmadasa
Domestic Cricket – Mr. K . Mathivanan
Administration – Mr. Mohan de Silva
Finance – Mr. Shammi Silva
Corporate Communications – Mr. Ravin Wickramaratne & Mr. Lalith Rambukwella
The establishment of a Financial Advisory Committee which will consist of 5 members as follows –
1. SLC to nominate a member with Local and International Cricket Experience, who has a sound financial background.
2. A representative from the Ministry of Sports,
3. A representative from the Ministry of Finance
4. a representative from the Association of Sri Lanka Institute of Chartered Accountants,
5. A Member with sound financial background from a member Club/Association nominated by SLC.
Treasurer of SLC would be an ex-officio member of this committee.
The ExCo appointed President of SLC Hon. Thilanga Sumathipala to represent Sri Lanka as Director of the International Cricket Council and Mr. Jayantha Dharmadasa as the alternate Director of the ICC.
The ExCo also nominated Hon. Thilanga Sumathipala to represent Sri Lanka as President of Asian Cricket Council and Mr. Mohan de Silva to represent SLC as Director of Asian Cricket Council.
The ExCo also decided to support the Sports & Physical Fitness Promotion Week from the 25th – 30th January 2016 organised by the Presidential Special Task Force of Sports and Physical Fitness and the Ministry of Sports.