The year 2012 saw many positive changes to Sri Lanka Cricket, with a newly elected Executive Committee taking office. It was the Executive Committee’s decision to appoint a fresh faced Marketing Department comprising of professionals within the existing SLC cadre stepping up to the plate.
SLC is pleased to note that for the first time the Organization has secured a National Team Sponsor for ICC Events, with the likes of M/s Homestead, an international Real Estate giant coming on board and launching itself in Sri Lanka through Sri Lanka Cricket. Up until 2012, SLC did not have a Sponsor for its National Team during ICC Events with the team participating in the ICC Cricket World 2011 sans a sponsor.
Amongst SLC’s laudable achievements for the year 2012, it has also, once again for the first time, secured sponsors for IT equipment, Two-Way Handheld Radio sets, Cricket Equipment etc., apart from its previous sponsor categories, namely, National Team & Women’s Team (Non ICC Events), Clothing, SLC Awards Night, etc.; realizing a sum of close to Rs. 163,500,000.00 for the year through Sponsorships.
It may be worthy to note that although the majority of SLC’s income is through its TV & Radio Rights, the above sum is not inclusive of the said TV & Radio Rights income.
The Organization is geared to face the new year of 2013 with a host of new Sponsorships under its belt and many more to come. Having revamped the Marketing Department to cover a broader scope from Tour Organizing to Sponsor Services, SLC is excited to announce that the year 2013 will mark the launch of its Loyalty Programme and inaugural Corporate Social Responsibility initiative, as a means of giving back to society and the esteemed public through Cricket. Transforming its stadium properties into sustainable revenue generating centres is also another step towards rebuilding Sri Lanka Cricket not just as a brand but as an entity with a firm competitive advantage.
With such significant positive change being brought about, SLC is confident that more Multi-National Companies will be inclined to invest in Cricket in Sri Lanka and partner a unique brand such as Sri Lanka Cricket in the years to come.
SLC would like to extend it gratitude to its valued sponsors and partners who have contributed to its success thus far,
– National Men’s Team Sponsor (Non-ICC Events): Sri Lanka Telecom Mobitel
– National Women’s Team Sponsor (Non-ICC Events): Sri Lanka Telecom Mobitel
– National Men’s Team Sponsor (ICC Events): Homestead International
– National Cricket Clothing Sponsor: MAS Active Trading (Pvt) Ltd.
– National Formal Clothing Sponsor: Emerald International (Pvt) Ltd
– Official IT Partner: Singer Sri Lanka
– Two-Way Handheld Radio Sets Sponsor: Trunknet
– Cricket Equipment Provider (Sri Lanka National Women’s Team for the ICC WT20 2012 & Sri Lanka U19 Team for the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2012): B.D. Mahajan & Sons (Pvt) Ltd.
– Commercial Rights Holder (Inter-Provincial Tournaments): Somerset Entertainment Ventures
– U15 District & Provincial Tournaments Sponsor: Ceylon Agro Industries Limited
– Merchandising Partner: United Trading Company
– SLC Awards Night Sponsor: CEAT Kelani International Tyres (Pvt) Ltd