The Executive Committee meeting of Sri Lanka Cricket was held this evening presided by President of SLC Mr. Jayantha Dharmadasa. The major decisions taken were as follows:
>Exco appointed high powered Coaching & Cricket Committee including eminent past cricketers together with the office bearers to look into Sri Lanka’s Cricket affairs and to drive it forward.
Coaching & Cricket Committee:
All Office Bearers to be Ex Officio Members
- Ranjit Fernando – Chairman
- Sanath Jayasuriya – National Selector
- Hashan Tillakaratne – National Selector
- Chaminda Mendis – National Selector
- Muttiah Muralidaran
- Kapila Wijegunawardene
- Dushan Soza
- Gamini Wickramasinghe
- Lalith Kaluperuma
- Jayantha Amarasinghe – Women’s Selection Committee Representative
- Duminda Wickramasinghe - Junior Selection Committee Representative
- Roshan Iddamalgoda – Tournament Selection Committee Representative
- Dilshan De Silva – Schools Selection Committee Representative
- Ashley De Silva – Actg. CEO – Co Opted
- Carlton Bernadus – Actg. HOCO- Co Opted
- Jerome Jayaratne – Head Of Coaching
>The Exco appointed an all important National Development Committee, headed by President of SLC Mr. Jayantha Dharmadasa, to look into the development of Cricket in the entire country, and this committee will include All Office Bearers and Ex-Co representatives of Districts, Clubs, Associations, Provinces & Schools.
National Development Committee:
- Jayantha Dharmadasa – Chairman
- Nishantha Ranatunga- Secretary
- K. Mathivanan – Vice President
- Mohan De Silva – Vice President
- Hirantha Perera – Asst. Secretary
- Nuski Mohamed – Treasurer
- Ajita Pasqual – Asst. Treasurer
- Shammi Silva – Controlling Clubs
- Srinath Silva – Controlling Clubs
- Irwin Jayawardene – Controlling Clubs
- Jayananda Warneweera – Affiliated Clubs
- Sumith Perera – Affiliated Clubs
- Tilina Tennakoon – District / Provinces
- Dr. Sanjaya Sedara Senerath – District / Provinces
- Dilshan De Silva – Schools
- Nalin Aponso – Associations
- Ashley Rathnayake – Associations
>Appointment of 03 Umpires to the ICC Umpires Panel 2013/14
1. Ranmore Martinesz – on field Umpire
2. Ruchira Palliyaguru – on field Umpire
3. Ravindra Wimalasiri – TV Umpire
>Secretary Nishantha Ranatunga briefed on the discussion with Most Ven. Inamaluwe Sri Sumangala Nayake Thero, Chief Incumbent Rangiri Dambulla Rajamaha Viharaya concerning Rangiri Dambulla International Cricket Stadium. Treasurer SLC- Nuski Mohamed & President Matale DCA Hon. Rohana Dissanayake (Deputy Minister Transport) & members of Matale DCA also took part in this important discussion. It was suggested to upgrade or reinstall a new Flood Light system as per new ICC regulations in the future by SLC. Playing of International Cricket Matches will commence in the near future as day games until the lighting system is upgraded. RDICS will host New Zealand in November 2013. The Exco approved the proposal.
>Women’s Team to have 3 tours per year ( Outbound / Inbound), Sri Lanka women will tour South Africa in October 2013. India women’s team will tour Sri Lanka in January 2014.
>To construct 04 Turf Pitches in Badulla Cricket Ground.
>Indian National Under 19 to Tour Sri Lanka in July/August 2013 for a one 4 day match and 5 ODI’s. The tour will begin with the first 4 day match played in Dambulla International Stadium.
>New Zealand National Team to tour Sri Lanka in November 2013 for a 3 ODI & 2 T20. The 3rd ODI will be played in Dambulla International Stadium.
>Sri Lanka Development Squad Under 17 to tour England in August 2013 for a 2 day game and 3 ODI’s.
>Under 23 Division (iii) will have a team each from North/East & Uva which will be included in the tournament.
>Administration Expenses for All District Cricket Associations & Provincial Cricket Associations as a Grant was approved.
>Mr. Harsha De Silva (National Women’s Coach) has tendered his resignation affective 2nd August 2013 which the Exco accepted
>The Exco instructed that the Disciplinary Inquiry held against the 3 Umpires alleged to have fixed matches during the SLPL to be concluded within 2 weeks and the report made public.