The faults are here, as I see
1. Captain- see Chandimal’s batting average in T20. Extremely low for a captain-batsman of a No 1 team in the world. In short, Chandimal is not a T20 batsman and he should be dropped immediately
2. Mathews: he continues his pathetic form in T20 cricket for last IPL as the Pune Worrier captain. He was dropped there. Mathews is also not a T20 player now. He should be dropped otherwise he will repeat his last IPL performance again, that is pathetic
3. Kusal Janith Perera: who is he!! Nowhere near international cricket. Should be dropped immediately
4. Jeevan Mendis: my goodness who selected him to play for Sri Lanka? What has he got to play? Nothing. Drop him immediately
5. Can SL batsmen put away the full-toss ball? No. There were three juicy full-tosses. Mathews wasted one. Malinga got out for one. If you can’t put away such weak deliveries you are not going to chase a target. Anyway, SL batsmen are weak always when it come to juicy full-tosses. Who is the batting coach for SL?
It was not a bad decision to play only two senior batsmen. Because one day youngsters will have to come forward and play. Sad thing is except no one is capable of handling the pressure.